All participants in Emerging Leaders will be assigned an upperclassmen mentor for their first year. The mentors will be there to help answer questions about life at Georgia State University. They will share the student perspective about classes, professors and campus life. When Emerging Leaders participants have questions they do not want to ask professors, they can ask their mentors for the answers. If the mentors don’t have the answers, they probably know someone who can provide the answer. While mentors will be there throughout the year to answer texts or emails, they will also take the time each month to sit down and discuss participants’ progress at Georgia State.
Mentor applications are now open for the 2017-2018 school year.
• Attend the Emerging Leaders Retreat taking place, October 13-15, 2017
• Conduct three in person one on ones (one each month) with each mentee during the fall semester and 2 in the spring semester
• Check in with participant at least every two weeks
• Plan one group social activity a semester for all the participants you mentor. This activity must be an event, program, athletic game or other experiences on campus
• Complete monthly one on ones with the Student Affairs Advisor and/or the Graduate Assistant in the Leadership Programs Office
• Encourage participants to get involved and seek leadership opportunities
• Attend Emerging Leaders Program socials, mixers, and ceremonies
• Participate in required mentor trainings and retreats
Review the full position description for specific duties and required dates.
Complete an online application and upload a current resume by April 24, 2017. Students who are selected for an in person interview will be contacted on a rolling basis.
For questions, please contact Chris Leary