The LEAD Team is a group of elite student leaders at Georgia State. LEAD Team members mentor incoming freshmen in the Emerging Leaders program, provide leadership programming to the student body, facilitate training workshops for student organizations on a variety of topics and assist in programs sponsored by Leadership Development. The primary purpose of the LEAD Team is to serve student leaders and organizations in whatever capacity they can. The LEAD Team is overseen by Kristina Clement, Associate Director for Leadership Development.
We welcome all students to utilize the various services offered by the Lead Team.
Applications for the LEAD Team are released each spring for the following academic year. The application will be posted online in March of each academic year. Upon review, selected applicants will participate in an individual and group interview process.
The Lead Team is available to provide training and support to student organizations or student groups on campus. To request a Lead Team training program, please complete the online request form. While we have a menu of training programs, with proper notification, the Lead Team can customize a training to meet your specific needs. Below are the current training programs.
- Event Planning: After attending this training, you will have all the skills and resources you need to successfully plan Royal Flame Award winning programs that impact the campus. The training will cover event planning from the development of an idea into an event plan, to organizing a team, securing funding and planning your events publicity. Even if you have planned events, you will be able to move to the next level with the tips and expertise you will get in this training.
- Team Building : Collaboration and teamwork bring people together for a common purpose. This session will include fun activities that help you see your peers in a different light, and allow you to connect in a different setting. We will work together as a team to build communication, planning, creative problem solving, and *gasp* conflict resolution. Learn to work better together and foster creativity amongst your team.
- Communication: 你好. Γειά σας. नमस्ते . 今日は. Bonjour. Bienvenidos. Hello! Just as people can say hello in hundreds of different ways, leaders can find many ways to express their thoughts, some good, some bad. In this session, you will learn techniques from the world's greatest leaders, who are all exceptional communicators. You will learn to express your thoughts in a way that creates dialogue, involves everyone, and in ways that provoke thought and action. This session will also prepare you to listen and persuade others in many different communication mediums.
- New Member Orientation: In this training session, you will learn how to show new members the ropes of your organization. Properly training your new members, outlining your expectations and creating opportunities to get involved will go a long way to help retain members. It will also help to create leaders who will carry out your organization's purpose or mission. This session will cover effective orientation plans and techniques and provide you with the tools you need to create a complete orientation process.
- Basics of Leadership: Do you wonder what leadership is? What is the difference between leadership and management? This session will provide participants with an overview of basic leadership principles and help participants determine their personal leadership style, so they can focus and develop their leadership potential.
- Budgeting: Planning an event? Trying to figure out how to maximize your minimum dues? This training session will help you in learning how to use your resources effectively and options for your organization to maximize funds to make your organization as successful as possible.
- Conflict Mediation : Conflict is often something that occurs within new organizations or new board members. This training session will help focus on fundamental and practical techniques to successfully resolve disputes. It also provides a deeper understanding of why there is a conflict and how to avoid it in the future.
- Marketing Your Student Leader Experience: You have probably learned a lot from being a student leader, but do you know how to market your skills to employers? In this session, you will learn tips and strategies to effectively promote your leadership skills and experiences.